Jealous Haters Since 1998!
Home | News | Reviews | Day In Rock | Photos | RockNewsWire | Singled Out | Tour Dates/Tix | Feeds
Michael Mcdaeth - Shine in Reverse Review
By Morley Seaver

.
I've listened to a lot of "normal" music lately. It was time for something like this and "Shine in Reverse" is definitely not "normal". As somebody I know remarked (before they all fled the room), this is the most uninhibited record I've ever heard. You have to really admire a guy who has the balls to release a double CD set. Particularly when you're a guy that no one has heard of ever.

This is just one guy and a guitar. One weird guy. One guitar. Oh yeah, I forgot. One directionally-lacking harmonica. Songs like "At Least Leave a Note", "Not Drunk Enough" and "It Sure Is Another Day". Michael McDaeth is a singer-songwriter and as he puts it, "the Mayor of Crazy Town". Each of his songs are almost all made up of one chord progression repeated ad infinitum with his almost stream of consciousness vocals. He shouts out during some songs and mumbles throughout others. He is prone to breaking out into wordless sounds frequently. There are some of the most entertaining songs I've heard in recent memory on this disc. And then there's the liner notes….

I love this record. Then again I may be crazy. Michael McDaeth may be crazy. Maybe you're all crazy. Whatever. 99% of the general population will hate this record. For the other 1%, you owe it to yourself to check out this record. You'll feel strangely better after listening to it. Except when you're not in the mood for it. Then you'll want to scoop out your eyes with an ice cream spoon. God help everybody else.


CD Info and Links

Michael Mcdaeth - Shine in Reverse

Label:Sophisticated Monkey Records
Rating:You can't rate this record. It's brilliant. It's crap. OK OK, if you insist…

Preview and Purchase This CD Online

Visit the official homepage

More articles for this artist

tell a friend about this review

.

...end


.
News Reports
.
Day in Rock:
Journey's Steve Perry Sues To Block Unreleased Music- Iron Maiden Founder Takes On Band's Retirement Plans- Guns N' Roses Share Live Videos From Manila Show- more

 Subscribe To Day in Rock

. .
  .
.

 

Tell a Friend about this page - Contact Us - Privacy - antiMusic Email - Why we are antiMusic

Copyright© 1998 - 2013 Iconoclast Entertainment Group All rights reserved. antiMusic works on a free link policy for reprinting of our original articles, click here for details. Please click here for legal restrictions and terms of use applicable to this site. Use of this site signifies your agreement to the terms of use.